Complete Home Remodels and New Homes:
- Over 28 years of experience contributes to our comprehensive knowledge of all trades. Our trade knowledge help us handle many details ourselves that could otherwise cost more for someone else to do. We have built kitchens, baths, decks, wine cellars, and complete homes.
Kitchen and Bath Remodels:
- Herzberg Construction Inc. has helped home owners with kitchen and bath details that would otherwise be challenging. We pay attention to detail, and have proficiency with brainstorming creative, cost effective solutions to unanticipated building challenges.
- Real estate agents and home owners rely on us to ready their home for sale or for moving into. Or maybe you just need a few repairs for this or that around the house. We’re price and time conscious and detail oriented, providing any paperwork needed to present to interested parties.
Water Intrusion Resolution
- Proudly, we’re successful where others have failed to solve water intrusion problems. There’s a knack for being able to locate the cause of water intrusion damage. We have a track record for offering creative solutions and technical expertise.
Door and Window Installation:
- Doors and Windows are a specialty of ours. We have an efficient system for door and window installation that can often be more cost effective without compromising craftsmanship.
Seismic Earthquake Retrofit:
- Earthquake retrofit work has been a part of our portfolio of services for over 20 years. Because of where we live, it is part of the way we think when constructing any components having to do with foundational work, framing, or any other structure that may be subjected to the stresses and strains of earthquakes or heavy storms.
Dry Rot and Termite Damage Repair:
- We have been repairing problems caused by dry rot and termite damage for as long as we have been in business. We can often offer solutions that are very cost effective by repairing rather than simply replacing everything that has undergone damage. We have developed techniques for repairing dry rot that can save time and money.
Fine Finish Carpentry:
- Our finish carpenters are artists at what they do and they love their work. We have an ethic for accuracy and craftsmanship that compares with the very best available. We can do the most technical and intricate carpentry functions with proficiency. We take pride in our ability to fulfill the most challenging of your architectural carpentry and casework installations.
Site Work, Foundations and Rough Carpentry:
- Experience does make a difference. And when it comes to the details, maybe "rough" isn't the best way to describe those parts of the job that require accuracy so everyone else's job goes smoothly and efficiently. Accurate foundation and framing work can save a great deal of time, problems (and stress) and money. We are confident you will appreciate the ethic of accuracy that is reflected in our concrete foundation work and structural wood and steel. And we can do it on the most challenging of sites.
- Wood and concrete decks: Our work on decks holds to the same standard of accuracy and beauty.
- Painting: We have a team of excellent painters that are capable of doing any size job.
- Electrical: Including electrical work on all our smaller remodel projects makes for a smoother and more efficient operation. We also have access to certified electricians for jobs that require a bigger commitment to fulfill electrical needs.
- Drywall finishing and texturing in a pinch. If you need some drywall work done quickly, we have the resources to fulfill your needs.
- Tile and Stone: We have highly skilled people in our portfolio of associates capable of doing the more intricate and detailed tile and stone slab work.
- Architectural Casework and Cabinet Installation: The description for our finish carpentry skills above sums it up. We are committed to providing the highest quality work for a reasonable cost.
- Project Management: Though Theodore doesn't yet have a degree in construction management, his experience brings a great deal of project management skills for those who want to be their own general contractor or those who simply want support in dealing with the complexities of making the right choices and decisions regarding their construction project.
Complete general contractor projects:
- Some of our clients are general contractor projects where we came in and take care of everything. The home owner is not involved in the process like in an owner-builder project. This is for those who are busy and prefer a licensed professional to do it all, keeping you informed about the progress and cost of the project, while you are free to work or travel.
Green building projects:
- Some Green practices go into all of our projects, and we offer Green choices to suit your budget. You can choose how much of your project you want Green. We make suggestions and offer efficiency consulting, helping you to make more energy efficient product choices.
- We will make an initial appointment with you for a free consultation. We come out to your home to see what work you want done, discuss the problem or the project. Taking any measurements needed at the time, we’ll discuss the approach you want to take.
- Next, an estimate for the project is done and an email with the estimate is sent. We’ll discuss the price and see if it fits with your budget, if not we will make whatever adjustments necessary in order to make it work.
- Then we will do up a contract and have you sign it, commencing on the chosen start date.